Nutrition for Healthy Pregnancy
- Discover which nutrients are vital for fertility and pregnancy
- Essential foods for developing baby’s growth and brain development
- How to reduce sugar cravings, allowing mom to have more energy
- Learn what was GOOD about the “good old days” – and how to restore more traditional ways of eating (avoiding the world of modern processed foods)
- Holistic Support for all stages of pregnancy
Building Nutrient Reserves & Boosting Fertility
- Building nutrient reserves before pregnancy
- Nutrition for preconception preparation
- Foods to boost fertility
- Nutrients, herbs, and other considerations for fertility
Digestion & Health
- Vital steps to improve digestion for greater nutrient absorption and optimal health
- Restoring digestive balance helps support baby’s digestion and reduces potential for colic, thrush, eczema, and more.
- Discover naturally fermented and nourishing foods to create the optimal environment for digestive wellness
- Help mom reestablish beneficial bacteria balance/levels – minimizing potential yeast overgrowth and Group B Strep
- Learn what to toxins avoid and healthier alternatives. Current and future moms especially should understand the impact of toxins and how to steer clear as best as possible. This is vital to the health of baby.
- For those planning for pregnancy, learn about detoxification before getting pregnant to enhance fertility and minimize baby’s exposure. (Do not detox during pregnancy.) There will be plenty of information for pregnant and postpartum women about creating a healthy non-toxic home, and information for planning your next pregnancy.
Postpartum Nutrition and Support
- Special nourishment for mom after childbirth
- Optimal nutrition for breastfeeding
- Foods that promote lactation
- Substitutions for commercial formula (when necessary)
Healthy Babies & Children – Preventing Autism
- Great information for postpartum mothers and information to save for after baby is born.
- Nutrition considerations when babies have colic, eczema, and other potentially food related reactions
- Preventing childhood disorders – discussion on autism, ADHD, allergies, asthma and more. (Julie speaks around the world on nutrition for autism)
- Food and holistic discussions to support optimal health of your baby.
Who Should Take this Course?
As a pregnant mama, you will learn essential nutritional information for yourself and your developing baby. We’ll also cover broader holistic health information for pregnancy and infants, and insights on nursing and nutrition for breastfeeding.
Women planning for pregnancy
Women focusing on fertility and pregnancy planning learn to nourish their bodies beforehand and discover high nutrient food options to boost up nutrient reserves before they conceive. Depending on timing, preconception women can detoxify in advance.
Postpartum moms – and those planning for a second (or third) child
Pregnancy, childbirth, and nursing take a lot of nutrients from the mother, through the food she eats and her own stored nutrients. After the birth of a child, boosting nutrient reserves can help replenish a mother’s vitality and prepare her for future pregnancies.
Home-Study Course Format
Nutrition for Your Healthy Pregnancy is an online course where you go at your own pace. Upon signing up, you will get access to all of the course materials:
My most recent 6-week online course for moms-to-be and professionals, recorded during a live online webinar class -9 hours of nutrition education and practical insights
Comprehensive pregnancy nutrition manual (electronic version, formatted to be easily printed and kept in a binder). Contains nutrition and supplementation information, meal ideas, recipes, resources for foods, products, and services
Handout materials to go along with presentation/discussions
Live Q&A calls to answer your questions
BONUS video content: Holistic Practitioner Panel – hear from a Midwife, Doula, Acupuncturist, Chiropractor, and Psychotherapist.
EXTRA video: My thoughts on “stacking the deck” to prevent autism (Filmed at my LIVE class in January of last year – I was 7 months pregnant!)
The course is typically taught over 6 weeks, but you can go at whatever pace you choose. Jump to a particular section that interests you most—be it fertility, detoxification, digestion or whatever you want to learn about (though I suggest beginning with the first two foundational courses to set a framework for your nutrition knowledge).
LIVE Q&A Calls!
While the class is self-study, I find people often have questions about nutrition and really benefit from the ability to ask me specific questions. Therefore, each month I host live Q&A calls for all home-study students—this way you get all of the benefits of a self-guided course and live class. You’re also eligible for discounts on private nutrition consultations and private Q&A time, if you’d like additional support.