I’m Julie Matthews, a Certified Nutrition Consultant and mom. After being told it was “very unlikely” that I would conceive naturally, I chose to apply the knowledge I’d learned during 10 years of clinical nutrition experience and intense research – and got pregnant naturally. As a nutritionist, I’d been teaching nutrition for pregnancy to others for years, now I got to successfully apply it for myself.
My baby and I are thriving and so can you!
Introducing – my new Home-Study nutrition course,
it’s the synthesis of all my knowledge and experience
- now available for you to learn online!
was created by a nutritionist who used these principles to get pregnant naturally at 39 years old, and nourish herself and her baby.
This course will answer your questions about WHAT TO EAT during pregnancy.
Most women today have misguided information about pregnancy nutrition. I'll dispel mainstream nutrition myths and set you on the right path.
This course combines traditional wisdom with modern insights for optimal nutrition for preconception, pregnancy, and postpartum.
- My most recent 6-week online class for mom/moms-to-be and professionals, recorded during a live online webinar – It’s 9 hours of advanced nutrition education and practical insights
- Comprehensive pregnancy nutrition manuals (electronic version, formatted to be easily printed and kept in a binder). Contains nutrition and supplementation information, meal ideas, recipes, resources for foods, products, and services
- Nourishing Hope Food Pyramid package
- Fertility Guide – 10 step practical program for increased fertility and how to detoxify through diet
- Postpartum Guide – Recovery, breastfeeding nutrition and beyond
- Digestion Guide – with Step-by-Step Guides to the GFCFSF (gluten-free, casein-free, soy-free and GAPS (Gut and Psychology Syndrome) Diet
- “Stacking the Deck: for a Healthy Baby and Toxin-free Living (ebook)
- BONUS video content: Holistic Practitioner Panel – learn from a Midwife, Doula, Acupuncturist, Chiropractor, and Psychotherapist about they support women through varied stages of pregnancy.
- Live Q&A calls to answer your questions
What People are Saying
Taking this course made me feel more confident that I was doing the right things during my pregnancySally Starker
I learned about all the different nutrients, healthful foods and how to take care of myself for every stage of pregnancy.Beth Grasela, MS, CN UCP
Very easy to use. I loved having the visuals to study as the lecture was going on.Kara Sword
I participated in Julie’s class to gear up for my second pregnancy and wished so much that I’d taken it in time for my first. Julie’s knowledge is deep and research-based and her class was incredibly useful, inspiring, eye-opening, and practical. Because of her class I’ve entered a new world of thinking and reading about both nutrition and general wellness for which I am so grateful.Kirsten Steward Beckwith
I’ve entered a new world of thinking and reading about both nutrition and general wellness.Barbara J.
PREVIEW of Bonus Content
My Nutrition Philosophy
My philosophy is based on nutrition science and clinical experience. One size does not fit all when it comes to a diet. While there are certain universal principles for nourishing moms and babies, each person requires a unique approach. Good digestion is at the foundation of all health, so all of my dietary suggestions address the importance of choosing foods to support the intestinal tract, as well as nourish. Personally, I have experimented with everything from vegan to almost carnivore. I believe each individual should try various diets for themselves, listen to their body and choose what’s best for them. I am open to all diets and highlight areas to understand and focus on within that diet to make it as healthy and nutritious as possible.
I do not believe in dogma and following one nutrition program blindly. Some of the philosophies I integrate into my nutrition approach include: Weston A. Price, Nourishing Traditions, gluten-free, soy-free, and allergen-free, Specific Carbohydrate Diet, GAPS (Gut and Psychology Syndrome) Diet, Body Ecology diet, low oxalate diet, Feingold and Failsafe diets, and more. I share relevant information in the course (while making it simple) to help moms choose the dietary approach best for them.